SHOPPING for prom? These are the best prom suits for making an entrance in style.
Whether it's the end of a school era or you're going to a prom-themed party, there's no better excuse to wear a sharp suit that shows off your style and personality.
The classic black tuxedo is always a go-to, but these days there's plenty more variation and less of a rigid approach to men's suits – be it a more casual vibe teamed with a t-shirt and box-fresh trainers, a statement loud print or a decadent fabric like velvet.
Prom suits don't have to cost a fortune either: you can pick up some affordable jacket and trouser combos from the high street as well as online retailers, especially if there's a sale on.
With that in mind, here's our roundup of the best prom suits available to shop now that will look slick both on the night and on the grid.
Best prom suits at a glance:
- Best tux on a budget: YOUTHUP Men's Suit Slim Fit 2 Piece Tuxedo
- Best skinny fit: ASOS DESIGN super skinny suit in tobacco
- Best for making a statement: Topman tapered velvet suit in purple
- Best mix and match for under £80: New Look Navy Super Skinny Fit Suit Jacket
- Best for larger sizes: River Island Big & Tall Blue Skinny fit suit trousers
1. YOUTHUP Men's Suit Slim Fit 2 Piece Tuxedo
- YOUTHUP Men's Suit Slim Fit 2 Piece Tuxedo, £66.99 – £69.99 from Amazon – buy here
This jet-black tuxedo comes complete with trousers and a jacket so it's an easy option for getting your prom look sorted – just add a shirt, bow tie and shoes.
The satin shawl lapel is perfect for that glossy formal look – and if you want to stand out a bit more, you can also shop the jacket in other colourways including navy, wine red and trimmed with red.
With an average reviewer rating of 4.8 out of 5 at the time of writing, it seems to hold up to real-life scrutiny.
Most read in Sun Selects
Best solar lights for the garden: we test out 9 sets for summer
Best beer offers UK 2023 – craft beer, lager and more
Lumen review UK: what is the metabolism tracker and does it work?
16 best sunscreens for kids and babies 2023
'Great tuxedo, value for money' writes one five-star reviewer.
2. OppoSuits Boys Crazy Suits for Teen Boys Aged 10 – 16 Years
- OppoSuits Boys Crazy Suits for Teen Boys Aged 10 – 16 Years, £54.95 from Amazon – buy here
Designed for boys aged 10 to 16, this jacket, trouser and tie set is ideal for a first suit.
Smart and stylish, the on-trend shade of blue is bold and will bring a pop of colour to prom – but the burgundy, pale blue and green colourways look just as good.
The modern tailored cut keeps it fresh too, with a slim fit that one shopper says fits 'like a dream'.
Handily, it's machine washable too so you won't have to fork out more money getting it dry cleaned.
'My 11-year-old grandson positively treasures this suit… it wears well with no wrinkles' raves another five-star review.
- Best prom dresses
- Best men's linen shirts
- Best sunglasses for men
- Best rings for men
- Best bracelets for men
3. ASOS DESIGN Super Skinny Suit in Tobacco
- ASOS DESIGN super skinny suit in tobacco, from £16.50 from ASOS – buy here
If you're into super skinny fits, you'll rate this suit by ASOS Design.
The trousers are positively spray-on, while the tobacco orange colourway is sure to get you noticed for all the right reasons.
4. Topman tapered velvet suit in purple
- Topman tapered velvet suit in purple, from £37.50 from ASOS – buy here
Looking to make a full-on fashion statement at prom?
This purple velvet suit might sound like Austin Powers on paper, but the slim-fit trousers and black lapel-trimmed blazer look suitably edgy – and would look great teamed with creepers.
5. New Look Black Check Contrast Collar Slim Fit Suit Jacket
- Black Check Contrast Collar Slim Fit Suit Jacket, £59.99 from New Look – buy here
This black check suit is elevated with a black contrast collar which gives it a rockabilly feel that you could really play up to if you wanted.
Tap 'shop the look' on the page to find the matching slim-fit trousers: the whole look comes in at under £100 which is a bargain.
6. New Look Indigo Slim Suit Jacket
- Indigo Slim Suit Jacket, £52.99 from New Look – buy here
For a contemporary take on the prom suit, this suit jacket in indigo looks fresh and modern styled with a simple white t-shirt and trainers.
Opt for this if you want something that still feels casual rather than stuffy – and don't forget to shop the matching trousers.
7. New Look Navy Super Skinny Fit Suit Jacket
- New Look Navy Super Skinny Fit Suit Jacket, £49.99 from New Look – buy here
Shopping on more of a budget? This suit jacket is part of New Look's mix-and-match suits for under £80 range.
It's also available in grey, stone and pale blue, with matching super skinny trousers available for each.
8. River Island Blue Skinny Fit Suit Jacket
- Blue Skinny Fit Suit Jacket, £95 from River Island – buy here
We love the colour of this suit jacket by River Island: the blue has an almost mauve tint which makes it look unique and expensive.
There are other colourways too, as well as matching skinny trousers to complete the look.
9. River Island Big & Tall Blue Skinny Fit Suit Trousers
- Big & Tall Blue Skinny fit suit trousers, £45 from River Island – buy here
If you love the above suit but are looking for more size options, River Island also stocks it in its Big & Tall size range.
Available from 48 to 52, you can also opt for regular or long to get the perfect fit.
10. River Island Brown Slim Fit Premium Suit Jacket
- River Island Brown Slim Fit Premium Suit Jacket, £120 from River Island – buy here
If you don't mind splashing out a bit more – you only get one prom, after all – this suit jacket by River Island offers premium quality.
Made from a wool blend, the glossy sheen and shawl lapel look ultra luxe, especially teamed with the coordinating slim-fit trousers.
What type of suit is best for prom?
Tuxedos are a prom classic: the satin detailing never fails to look luxe and red-carpet-ready.
However, there are really no 'rules' these days so you can push the envelope on your prom suit: be it an extravagant statement print or fabric, or even something more minimal and contemporary with a t-shirt instead of a formal shirt.
If in doubt, you can't go wrong with a slim-cut suit in a classic shade of navy or burgundy which will both look smart and stylish.
Is it OK to wear a suit to prom?
Unless you have a rigid dress code that stipulates tuxedos (unlikely), then yes: a suit is absolutely appropriate for prom.
You don't have to make it a three-piece either if you don't want to: a shirt and trousers will look perfectly contemporary, while you could also forgo wearing a tie for a more relaxed feel.
How much should I spend on a prom suit?
Prom is most likely going to be a one-time event in your life, so of course you'll want to feel your best – but it doesn't have to cost a fortune.
These days, you can pick up some great quality suits for under £80 which will look slick and stylish on the dancefloor.
Read More on The Sun
I found my dream council home on Facebook – I did all the work myself
I’m a travel expert – here’s why you should always get on a plane LAST
Check out our picks above, where we've found some reasonably priced trouser/jacket combos that are ready to go, along with some pricier premium separates starting from £95 upwards.
Looking for more stylish savings at your favourite fashion chains? Visit Sun Vouchers where you’ll find amazing discounts and voucher codes for hundreds of fashion retailers including ASOS, Very, River Island, Roman Originals, New Look and more.
Source: Read Full Article