BARCLAYS is to shut another 15 branches this year in the latest round of closures revealed by the bank.
It brings the total number of sites disappearing this year to 26 across the country.
It is not the only bank to tell customers to expect more closures, with Lloyds, HSBC and Halifax among those to vanish from many high streets
The Sun has contacted Barclays for comment.
Barclays has previously said that more customers are now choosing to do their banking online and on apps, rather than visiting in person.
The 15 branches and the dates they are set to close are:
READ MORE IN MONEY
Thousands of hard-up households can get £250 direct into bank accounts now
Major bank offering £200 free cash – how to claim
- 1 Hanbury Road, Bargoed, Wales, CF81 8XA – April 14
- 260 Walworth Road, London, England, SE17 1JF – April 13
- 104/108, Tower Bridge Road, London, England, SE1 3NG – April 19
- 70 Birmingham Road, Rowley Regis, Warley, England. B65 9BA – April 21
- 93-95 Hutton Road, Shenfield, England, CM15 8JE – April 19
- 304 Green Street, London, England, E7 8LG – April 20
- 5 Church Street, Barnoldswick, England, BB18 5UR – April 14
- 45 Oxford Road, Guiseley, England, LS20 8AE – April 12
- 390 Harrogate Road, Leeds, England – LS17 6PY – April 21
- 3 Station Road, Flitwick, England, MK45 1JS – April 14
- 8/10 High Street, Woburn Sands, Milton Keynes, England – MK17 8RN – April 18
- 55 Front Street, Stanhope Bishop, Auckland, England, DL13 2TU – April 21
- Market Square, Keswick, England, CA12 5BE – April 21
- 42 High Street, Hunstanton, England, PE36 5AQ – April 12
- 10 Market Place, Macclesfield, England, SK10 1HA – April 14
Data from the UK's largest cash machine network, LINK, keeps track of any planned branch closures across the UK.
HSBC will close 114 branches next year and NatWest will bring down the shutters on 43 branches.
Lloyds Bank will shut 14 outlets.
Most read in Money
Popular high street shop is 'lining up administrators' in race to save chain
Icy snap set to trigger £25 cold weather payments – find out if you're eligible
I eat one meal a day to feed my son & partner – I've lost three stone
McDonald's axes popular deal from delivery menus – and customers are furious
Halifax and Santander will both close five of their branches and Nationwide will close a single branch.
Typically if there are no banks in a town, you should be able to do some basic banking at your local Post Office.
Many banks also offer a mobile banking service.
This is where your bank brings a bus to your local area that has the services that are usually available at your branch.
You should call up your bank to see if it runs a banking bus and they will be able to tell you where and when it will be parked.
Other banks use buildings such as village halls or libraries to offer mobile banking services.
Here, The Sun has put together a full list of bank branches closing in 2023 – including Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds and NatWest.
Do you have a money problem that needs sorting? Get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article