My ex won't pay back the money he owes me but I need it for a deposit on a flat

DEAR DEIDRE: I AM owed almost £1,000 by my ex-boyfriend, but he won’t pay it back.

It’s to go towards a deposit for a flat.

I’m 37 and have been diagnosed with MS. I was living with my boyfriend, who is 35, at the time.

When I got my diagnosis he left within a month because he didn’t want to live with somebody who would end up dependent on him.

He borrowed money to put towards a new car at the start of the year, but now he’s gone and the car has gone too.

I’m staying with friends on their sofa until I can pay for my own place.

I’ve finally found a bedsit, but I haven’t got enough for the deposit.

Get in touch with Deidre today

My team and I are working safely from home but we are here to help you as always.

Send an email to [email protected]

Every problem gets a personal reply, usually within 24 hours weekdays.

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

Follow me on Twitter @deardeidre.

DEIDRE SAYS: If you have anything which shows that you lent him the money, even a bank statement, it’s a good start.

Appeal to him to pay you back, giving it to you in instalments if he can’t afford the full amount.

Explain your situation to him, and that he’s stopping you from moving on, just like he has.

If he’s not forthcoming, you may need to take him to the small claims court.

Have a look at

NEXT IN TODAY'S DEAR DEIDRE My partner grabbed me by the throat and said he could snap my neck in half

READ DEIDRE'S PHOTO CASEBOOK Joni is shocked as neighbour Archie says he's in love with her

GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]

Source: Read Full Article