Teen ‘almost blinded’ and rushed to hospital over botched eyelash extensions

A teen claims she was almost blinded after a trainee beautician allegedly glued eyelash extensions to the inside of her eye.

Lainey Palmer, 19, alleges the treatment left her eye inflamed and her real lashes so damaged nothing could be done to save them.

The horse riding teacher, from Brentwood, Essex, says it felt like her eyes were being scratched with needles during the agonising experience in October last year.

She claims a trainee lash technician carried out the procedure for free when she volunteered as a model.

After realising the lashes were glued to her waterline, Lainey called the NHS 111 line and was advised to go straight to hospital – where doctors told her she could have been blinded.


  • 'Human Barbie' has spent £35k on 112 procedures to look like a plastic doll

  • Young woman left flat-chested after 'dream' boob job in Turkey turned into nightmare

Lainey is now speaking out about the dangers of bagging cut price beauty deals and freebies on social media.

She said: "I saw an advert on Facebook that a trainee was looking for a model to do classic eyelashes.

"I got there and had a patch test and had a reaction to the glue so they said they would use another glue, but I'm not confident they did because it was stinging.

"She was pinching my eyes really hard and I said it was really hurting me.

"I had to tell her to stop three times because it was so painful.

"When I went to the doctors and they told me I was lucky to keep my eyesight I was so shocked, but the pain was just taking over.


  • Woman left with ‘trout pout’ for three years after dodgy lip fillers swelled in heat

"I will never go with a trainee again and I have told people close to me to never go with a trainee."

Lainey claims she had to ask the technician to stop the treatment as it became so painful, before the salon's management offered to remove the lashes.

She declined as she was in too much pain and after checking the lashes when she got home, was horrified to find they were glued to her actual waterline.

Lainey said: "She didn't even finish them. It was so sore, I couldn't let her. It was agony.


  • 'Unnatural' devil lips photo divides internet as people try to tell if it's real

"At that point I didn't want anyone else touching my eyes I was in that much pain so I said I'd go home and come back the next day when they'd calmed down to have them taken off but it was getting worse.

"I knew it wasn't right.

"I went to the bathroom when I got home to try and wash them off and I could see they were stuck to the inside of my eye.

"My eyes felt like they were being scratched with little needles. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

"Even my boyfriend, Reece, knew it wasn't right and he's a boy."

Lainey called the NHS 111 number, who advised her to go straight to the hospital where her eyes were washed out eye wash to rinse out any remaining glue.

Doctors told her she was lucky her eyeballs were only scratched and that her eyesight wasn't damaged permanently.

Lainey was discharged after treatment but she needed two days off work to get over the botched procedure.

After hours of trying to massage the lashes off, Lainey says she couldn't handle the pain any longer and ripped them from her waterline.

She said: "The next day they blew up like balloons. I had to take two days off work.

"I was in so much pain. I got them off after about three hours and it's lucky that I did.

"I haven't had eyelashes on since and I used to have them on all the time.

"My eyes are still very sensitive now. Where my eyelashes, sit, when it's cold or windy, gets really sore.

"They still haven't grown back properly.

"I used to have nice long lashes and they've gone, they're really short and will never grow back."

The salon has been approached for comment.

Source: Read Full Article