Ant McPartlin ‘will return to Saturday Night Takeaway two years after he last appeared on the show’ – The Sun

ANT McPartlin's Saturday Night Takeaway return has been confirmed nearly two years since he last appeared on the show.

The award-winning entertainment show was rested this year following Ant's drink drive charge in 2018 and his subsequent rehab stint.

Having made a successful recovery, rejuvenated Ant, 43, is raring to go, according to the Mirror, and bosses are excited too.

An insider told the publication: "There’s a real buzz around the show.

"It promises to be bigger and better than ever. As much as Dec did a great job on his own, it just wasn’t the same without Ant.”

The Sun Online has contacted a representative for Ant for comment.

Dec was praised for presenting the final two episodes of last year's series solo, the first time he'd had to do so in the programme's 16 year history.

He also fronted I'm A Celeb without Ant for the first time, with Holly Willoughby joining him as co-host.

The This Morning star was praised by viewers and the show was unaffected by the change, achieving record viewing figures.

Last year The Sun revealed Ant and Dec made the decision not to make a Takeaway series in 2019 in order to avoid compromising the quality of the show while Ant dealt with his addiction issues.

Ant said at the time: “My recovery is going very well and for that to continue having spoken to Dec and ITV, I have made the decision to take the rest of the year off.

“I’d like to thank both Dec and ITV for their continued support and I look forward to getting back to work in the new year.”

A source explained: “Takeaway airs in February, but many viewers may not realise that the filming for the sketches and the preparation begins six months earlier which is too soon for Ant.

“Sadly that means they have had to tell the production team today that they’re going to have to push the next run back until the following year.

“It’s a show they’re hugely passionate about personally and they’re extremely close to the team involved too but everyone understands that this is a decision which hasn’t been taken lightly and are supportive. They all wish him the very best.”

The pair successfully reunited this for Britain's Got Talent which was won by war veteran Colin Thackery.


Source: Read Full Article