Spider-Man: Marvel releases second trailer for No Way Home
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The second trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home has only just been released, but Holland is already looking to the future. The 25-year-old has already been playing the much-loved Marvel character for six years, and his career is currently at a crossroads. Most Marvel heroes only get a trilogy before they are ushered along. Both Captain America and Iron Man went this way before their exits in Avengers Endgame. And leaving the series to do new things seems to be at the forefront of Holland’s mind.
Holland recently opened up about his future, saying: “Maybe it is time for me to move on. Maybe what’s best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film.”
Miles Morales is the second-ever Spider-Man hero from the Marvel comic books. When he was first introduced in 2011, the Black American-Puerto Rican character gave a new insight into what a friendly neighbourhood superhero could really do.
He was most recently portrayed in the PlayStation game Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, which received rave reviews.
The Brit went on: “I have to take Peter Parker into account as well because he is an important part of my life.”
He added: “If I’m playing Spider-Man after I’m 30, I’ve done something wrong.” (Via GQ)
Holland has previously said that No Way Home marks the end of his Spider-Man contract, but that doesn’t mean he is done with the character.
Spider-Man boss Amy Pascal commented on the star’s future in the series, saying: “I’ve talked to him about doing, like, 100 more.”
She went on to add: “I’m never going to make Spider-Man movies without him. Are you kidding me?”
Giving some further hints as to where his path will lead, Holland guessed at when he might bring his journey to an end.
Spider-Man: No Way Home – official teaser trailer
Holland said: “Or I might do Spider-Man 4, 5, and 6, finish when I’m 32, and never make another. I’m not sure what I want to do.”
Beyond that? His on-screen best-pal, Jacob Batalon revealed: “He talks about being James Bond a lot. A lot a lot.”
Before Holland begins looking at what other legendary cinema characters he can play, he still has No Way Home to see through.
Over the past year, rumours have suggested his version of Peter Parker will be joined by the previous iterations of the hero.
This would mean Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire would be joining him on screen.
These rumours aren’t completely absurd considering the latest trailer showcased a collection of fallen heroes of old, including Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, Sandman and Electro.
However blatant their arrival may seem, the actors have been passionately denying it thus far.
Garfield was recently grilled about the movie on The Today Show, where he replied: “Listen, I am not in the film, I love Spider-Man, I always have. I was so happy to have played the part and I’m so excited to see what they do with the third one just like you guys are.”
Holland has also been denying the arrival of his character’s forefathers.
He told Total Film: “People don’t believe me when I say that [Maguire and Garfield] are not coming back. But people are going to have to believe me at some point.”
Referencing the return of Alfred Molina as Doc Ock and Jamie Foxx as Electro, he added: “It means a lot to me. The first time you see Doc and the rest of the characters that come back, it’s so exciting. It’s such a huge moment in cinematic history. It’s three generations coming together.”
Spider-Man No Way Home hits cinemas on December 15.
Source: Read Full Article