Strictly Come Dancing has once again been plunged into chaos as EastEnders star Rose Ayling-Ellis’ hearing aid broke just days before the next live show.
The actress, who is best known for playing Mick Carter’s daughter Frankie in Walford, is the show’s first ever deaf contestant, and uses her hearing aid to pick up some of the music.
She previously explained to BBC News: "It is a common misconception that deaf people can’t enjoy music.
"I have a hearing aid, so I pick up some of the music and I can hear the beat. I can hear someone singing, but I can’t identify exact words. I also feel the vibrations."
On Wednesday, Rose took to her Instagram Stories to explain that she now cannot hear anything after her hearing aid broke.
Her dance partner Giovanni said: "We have some news for you today."
Rose explained: "This morning my hearing aid broke, but I think it’s because I sweat so much it broke it… so I can’t hear anything at all!"
Italian professional dancer Giovanni begged: "So NHS please be quick! We need it!"
Rose couldn’t help but quip: "It’s quite nice I don’t have to hear his voice!"
As she reposted the clip to her own Instagram page, Rose added: "Nobody need to panic, it a very normal life for deaf people."
Rose could then be seen attempting to read Giovanni’s lips as he once again begged the NHS to help out – but gave up in the end as she said: “Nope!”
Explaining her own experience of dancing and rhythm, Rose explained prior to beginning her Strictly stint: "I will be focusing on reading my partner's body language plus counting in my head, which will help me with timing. So for me it's a combination of everything.
"However not all deaf people are the same, every deaf person will have their own unique experience with music.
"I do love music and I can't wait to be taught how to dance at a professional level for Strictly!"
The star had fans in tears with her Titanic-inspired waltz last week, which received an impressive 36 out of 40 score from the judges.
It comes just as Peep Show star Robert Webb ducked out of the competition due to health fears after undergoing open heart surgery.
The comedian released a statement which read: "I’m extremely sorry to have to announce that I’m withdrawing from Strictly Come Dancing…
"Two years ago I had open heart surgery and although I believed I was fit enough to take on Strictly and its demanding schedule, it became clear that I had bitten off way more than I could chew for this stage in my recovery.
"I had begun to feel symptoms that led me to seek an urgent consultation with my heart specialist, and it was her view that it would be better for the sake of my health to step back from the show."
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.
Source: Read Full Article