Strictlys Craig Revel Horwood says brilliantly run show will continue despite pro dancer getting Covid

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood has insisted that the show will carry on as normal despite one of the professional dancers testing positive for Covid just days ahead of the new series.

The choreographer, who has been a fixture on the BBC competition since it began back in 2004, spoke about the latest drama behind-the-scenes when he appeared on Wednesday’s Lorraine.

After presenter Lorraine Kelly brought up the news that one of the pros has contracted coronavirus, she asked whether it will cause any hiccups in the show’s schedule.

The BBC gave a statement saying that the pro in question, who hasn’t been named, has had to isolate for 10 days.

Not fazed by the spanner in the works, Craig, 56, said: “We had that last year and that is something I think the Beeb will always have to keep addressing."

But the author explained that the show is so “brilliantly run” backstage that it shouldn’t cause too many problems.

“Everyone is protected to the max by government guidelines,” the ballroom expert said. “We’ve got a small audience and only a few people in the studio, we don’t pass on corridors, things like that.”

The show finally returns on Saturday with a prerecorded first show, and will see the celebrities paired up with their professional dance partners.

Presenter Lorraine also asked Craig if he is fed up with any aspects of Strictly after so many years as the panel’s “nasty” judge.

But the dancer laughed and insisted: “I think it’s still a great show.

“I miss the booing I’ve got to be honest and I do miss the honest reaction, you don’t know if any of your ideas have landed.

“It’s live so you have no clue but I think that’s part of the joy,” the star added.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

It comes as Craig opened up to Lorraine about when he's planning on getting married to his longtime boyfriend Jonathan Myring.

"I’m getting married in the summer of ’23,” he revealed, explaining that the reason for the delay is due to a massive backlog of theatre work.

"Only because ‘22 is out the window now because all of my work for the last two years in the theatre has been crowbarred into next year," the star added.

To read more about Strictly Come Dancing, sign up forOK!'s daily newsletter here.

Source: Read Full Article